Testing will take place two days a week at the following locations:
- Mondays at CFH Clinic at Parkside (2400 4th Street, Jackson, MI 49203) – 9am to 12pm, and
- Thursdays at JFD Station #3 (1705 Pringle Avenue, Jackson, MI 49203) – 12 to 6pm..
Testing is by appointment only. Anyone under the age of 18 will need parent/guardian consent to be tested. Students, staff, and their household members may sign up 2 days before the testing day. Scheduling appointments for the Monday clinics begin on Saturdays, and scheduling appointments for the Thursday clinics begin on Tuesdays. Here is a link to the Signup Genius: Jackson County Health Department: School Covid Testing (signupgenius.com).
Current Napoleon Community Schools Associated Cases of COVID-19 2021/22
A “School Associated Case” means a case where Napoleon Community Schools has been notified of a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case amongst students, teachers, staff members, coaches, volunteers, or any other person who was present in a Napoleon Community School District program or on district property or at a school function under circumstances that may have resulted in the transmission or contraction of COVID-19 during their infectious period.
Napoleon Community Schools has the following current school associated COVID-19 cases:
- Napoleon High School 0
- Ackerson Lake High School 0
- Napoleon Middle School 1
- Ezra Eby Elementary School 2
- Pirates Cove Childcare/ Preschool 0
- Other District Areas 0
Once Napoleon Community Schools is notified of a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, the impacted spaces will undergo enhanced sanitation protocols. Any persons potentially affected directly by any event/COVID instance/case who may require testing or quarantine, as determined through contact tracing conducted by the Health Department, will be contacted directly by either the JCHD or a Napoleon Community School District administrator. If you have not been contacted by the JCHD or a Napoleon Community School District administrator, you should assume you do not need to take further action and you do not need to contact the school to ask if you have been directly affected.
Since the beginning of the 2021-22 school year, Napoleon Community Schools has had the following cumulative school associated COVID-19 cases:
- Napoleon High School 104
- Ackerson Lake High School 6
- Napoleon Middle School 76
- Ezra Eby Elementary School 75
- Pirates Cove Childcare/ Preschool 6
- Other District Areas 5
Any person with symptoms of infectious illness, such as influenza (flu) or COVID-19, should stay home and contact their healthcare provider for testing and care, regardless of vaccination status. Staying home when sick is essential to keeping COVID-19 infections out of schools and preventing the spread to others. To prevent the spread of illness/ COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to our district, NCS requests that families please screen every student in your household before they leave for school each day.
SECTION ONE: Symptoms
Have you experienced one or more of the following symptoms that are new/different/ worse from a baseline, chronic illness:
Shortness of breath
Changes in sense of smell
Changes in sense of taste
Have you experienced two or more of the following that are new/different/worse from a baseline, chronic illness:
Fever of 100.4 F or higher
Muscle aches without
SECTION TWO: Close Contact/ Potential Exposure
In the past 14 days has your child:
- Had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected individual for at least 15 minutes) with a person with confirmed COVID-19
- Had close contact (within 6 feet of an individual for at least 15 minutes) with a person under quarantine for possible exposure to COVID-19
- IF the answer is YES to any of the symptom questions ~ PLEASE KEEP YOUR STUDENT(S) HOME FROM SCHOOL, contact your healthcare provider as needed.
- IF the answer is YES to any of the symptom questions AND YES to close contact/ exposure question OR you live in an area with high levels of COVID-19 in the community ~ call the school and let them know the reason your student(s) won’t be there today. Contact your healthcare provider right away, the Henry Ford Allegiance Health Covid Screening Dept. at (517)205-6100, the Center for Family Health at (517)748-5363, or the Jackson County Health Dept. at (517)788-4428 (option 9).
- If the answer is YES to any of the symptom questions, but NO to any close contact/ potential exposure questions, your student may return to school based on guidance from their symptoms:
- Fever ~ at least 24 hrs with no fever, without the use of fever reducing medications
- Sore throat: improvement (if strep throat DO NOT return until at least 2 doses of antibiotics have been taken)
- Cough/ Shortness of breath: improvement
- Diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain: no diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Severe headache: improvement
- EXCEPTION if there is a sudden loss of taste or smell student will need to receive a COVID test
IF YOUR CHILD IS QUARANTINED, HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 OR IS OTHERWISE REQUIRED TO BE AT HOME PLEASE NOTIFY THE SCHOOL OFFICE FOR THE REASON OF THEIR ABSENCE. ACCOMODATIONS FOR ONLINE LEARNING MAY BE MADE AVAILABLE TO KEEP YOUR STUDENT FROM FALLING BEHIND.
LETTER FROM MR. GRAHAM January 14, 2022 UPDATED QUARANTINE GUIDELINES
LETTER FROM MR. GRAHAM AUGUST 19, 2021
ORIGINAL LETTER FROM MR. GRAHAM AUGUST 17, 2021
LETTER FROM MR. GRAHAM AUGUST 11, 2021