UPDATED 10/5/2021 IF YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED YOUR STUDENTS PAPERWORK BY OCTOBER 8TH YOUR PARENT OR STUDENT POWERSCHOOL ACCOUNT MAY BE DEACTIVATED UNTIL THE NECESSARY PAPERWORK IS RETURNED. If you do not currently utilize the parent portal in PowerSchool please set up an account. If you do not have access to the internet, please fill out the forms that were sent home with your student last week and have them returned to Student Services.
Please contact NHS Offices with any questions (517) 905-5704. Thank you
Start of the year letter from NHS Student Services ~
PowerSchool is an invaluable tool for you as the parent as your student continues through High School because it allows you to see their grades and attendance. PowerSchool can be accessed through the school website at www.napoleonschools.org. There is also an app for download. By regularly checking the parent portal, you may be able to identify any struggles your student might be having. You will also have the ability to subscribe to updates via email for your student or gather other information pertinent to their learning environment.
IF YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY UTILIZE THE PARENT PORTAL COMPONENT OF POWERSCHOOL YOU WILL NEED TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT. Napoleon High School will begin to utilize the portal to process annual school year paperwork starting this year. The 2021/2022 school year will be as paperless as possible while we work to transition. If you do not have access to the internet, please contact the office to request the required documents be sent home in paper form.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents with more than one student can link their students together requiring on only one account. You will need to follow each of the steps below for each of your students. Other buildings may not require the same forms. If you require additional assistance, please call the office.
Following are specific step-by-step instructions for the items you will need to update:
- Log into your Parent Portal Account
- Choose Update Info on the left side of the screen
- Visit each of the links listed below:
- Calling System Information is where you confirm or update phone numbers where you wish to receive calls for district and or building information such as school cancellations, delays, etc.
- Contact Information is where you confirm or update Parent demographic information (ie. addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.). Please note that biological parents cannot be removed without legal documentation.
- Emergency Contact Information is where you list the names of individuals you wish us to contact if we are unable to reach you and they are allowed to pick up your child in an emergency situation such as illness, injury, etc.
- Student Information Update is where you confirm or update demographic and medical information for your child.
Next, you will need to visit each of the Acceptable Usage Policies and or Agreements to Accept or Reject each policy.
- Student Network and Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Agreement are where you will allow your child to have internet access while at school. Note this policy requires both parent and student acknowledgment.
- Permission to Photograph gives permission to Napoleon Community Schools to publish pictures of your child and or child’s work in print or online.
- Field Trip Permission gives permission for your child to attend school-sponsored field trips. Parents will receive notification of all trips.
- Residency Survey provides Napoleon Community Schools with information related to your residence status.
Your prompt attention will be greatly appreciated, and we are here to support you.
Please feel free to contact the office for technological support or questions.