For many kids, summertime means food, friends and fun. For families who count on school breakfast and lunch, however, the summer months can be stressful and family food budgets have to be stretched even further. Free summer meals, funded by the USDA, are available to kids and teens ages 18 and younger at summer meals sites across Michigan. This summer NCS is proud to announce that we will be hosting Free Summer Meal Program.
Many summer meals sites offer fun learning and recreational activities so kids and teens can eat a healthy meal while staying active and being with friends. Sites are also registered with the USDA and are held at safe local places like schools, churches and community centers.
Free Summer Meal Program Details:
- Meals are FREE to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a summer meals site
- Free summer meals will help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets
- Food served is healthy and follows USDA nutrition guidelines
- Summer meals sites are at fun, safe places for kids and teens to be active and visit with friends
- No application or proof of income needed. You can just bring your child to a summer meals site in your community
- On Tuesday & Thursday ONLY transportation to Eby’s Summer Reading Program is available & while kids are at the Summer Reading Program they may utilize the onsite Summer Meal Program
Summer Reading Program Transportation Permission Slip (must be on file before students ride bus, print here or summer bus drivers will have forms if needed)
Breakfast 9:00 – 9:30, Lunch 11:30 -12:00
Program available Monday – Thursday June 18, 2018 to August 2, 2018
PROGRAM CLOSED FOR WEEK OF JULY 1st to JULY 7th FOR 4th OF JULY
If you or someone you know is interested, please call the Hunger Hotline at (866) 348 6479 or text FOOD to 877-877 to find a site to find a site near you. If you have any questions about the Napoleon Community Schools Summer Meal Program please feel free to contact me at (517) 905-5711 or email@example.com.
Andrea Haskell NCS Food Service Director